The clean, curved lines of Hasami Porcelain represents the essence of Japanese aesthetics defined by a combination of modern and traditional styles.
The Hasami Plates are available in 3 finishes; Natural, Gloss Grey or Black and in various widths to suit your needs. The natural colour has a textured finish while the Black and Gloss Grey have a smooth finish.
The Hasami plates are flat to the edge with a 2.1cm lip, they are bigger than they appear. The bottom of the plate is slightly recessed making the plate look like it floats on the table.
The unique functional design means the pieces of the same width can be easily stacked for ease of use and convenient for storage. It also allows a plate to be used as a coaster or lid.
- Each piece is individually boxed making it a beautiful gift that can be used everyday.
- Microwave and Dishwasher safe. Not suitable for the oven or open flame.
- Dimensions: 14.5cm wide x 2.1cm high
- Made in Japan
Hasami porcelain is made in the village of Hasami located in Nagasaki, a specialist Porcelain town for over 400 years. Here, each piece is passed onto various craftsmen in the town as they complete each step of the process. They each contribute in their own way to create a piece that is naturally different from all the rest.
Designed by Takuhiro Shinomoto with inspiration from traditional Japanese aesthetics blended with simple modern lines to create beautifully designed modern objects that can be used everyday.
Using traditional glazing techniques with a unique blend of natural stone and clay materials, the outer texture of Hasami Porcelain is a result of many years of development to bring out the very best of these raw natural materials. The natural colour has a textured finish while the Black and Gloss Grey have a smooth finish.
- 22 cm plate is a convenient size for most meals.
- 18.5 cm plate is best for toast at breakfast or light lunches.
- 14.5 cm plate makes a lovely saucer for your mug or a nice cake plate.
- 8.5 cm plate is handy for biscuits or to hold a handful of nuts.
- 25.5 cm plate is best suited for larger servings with meat or as a serving plate for pulses.
All plates can also be used as lids or trays for the bowls or mugs.