The clean, curved lines of Hasami Porcelain represents the essence of Japanese aesthetics defined by a combination of modern and traditional styles.
The Hasami plates are flat to the edge with a 5.5cm lip. The base is recessed giving the sense the bowl floats on the table. The unique functional design means the pieces of the same width can be easily stacked for convenient storage. Include a matching plate to use as a base or lid.
- Each piece is individually boxed making it a beautiful gift that can be used everyday.
- Microwave and Dishwasher safe. Not suitable for the oven or open flame.
- Dimensions: 25.5cm wide x 5.5cm high
- Made in Japan
The Hasami Story
Hasami porcelain is made in the village of Hasami located in Nagasaki, a specialist Porcelain town for over 400 years. Here, each piece is passed onto various craftsmen in the town as they complete each step of the process. They each contribute in their own way to create a piece that is naturally different from all the rest.
Designed by Takuhiro Shinomoto with inspiration from traditional Japanese aesthetics blended with simple modern lines to create beautifully designed modern objects that can be used everyday.
Using traditional glazing techniques with a unique blend of natural stone and clay materials, the outer texture of Hasami Porcelain is a result of many years of development to bring out the very best of these raw natural materials. The natural colour has a textured finish while the Black and Gloss Grey have a smooth finish.
- 8.5 cm cup / bowl is handy for condiments, nuts or for miso soup
- 14.5 cm bowl suitable for breakfast, soup or light lunches.
- 18.5 cm bowl is best for serving ramen or larger noodle meals.
- 22 cm bowl is best used as a serving or as a fruit bowl.
- 25.5 cm bowl is best used as a serving or as a fruit bowl.
Bowls can be matched with plates to use as lids or trays.